Monday, September 24, 2012

Viruses



I know viruses are programs that interrupt computer processes, and create glitches in technology, also useful in hacking.

I wonder:

  • How do viruses work, how do they hack into the computer?
  • How do you create basic bugs and viruses?

What I learned:
- Viruses are very powerful, a virus called the Mydoom worm infected 250,000 computers in one day, the Storm virus infected 50 million people.
- A virus is a program that "piggybacks" on another REAL program, and can jump from program to program.
- There are viruses that "reproduce by sending infected e-mails to all of the people on your contact book.
-A Trojan horse is a virus that says it is something (e.g. a game) but is really a harmful program.
- Virus work through security loopholes in programming to reproduce, it can't reproduce by itself.

How it connects to my life:
-Knowing about viruses can help me know more about how to protect my computer, and myself from the different types of bugs.

A Question I still have: How do worms reproduce?



No comments:

Post a Comment