Goals:
1. To watch a 20 minute tutorial about Google Adsense:
Tutorial Part 1
The first video focuses on how to sign up for Google adsense, how to get Google to approve your website, and how to use the tools Google gives you to make money.
While watching this video I learned how to personalize the ads to attract more clicks, and how to blend in the ads with the website more effectively (Ad placement, Ad colour, etc.)
Tutorial Part 2
In this part of the tutorial I learned:
-How to create add channels to track the progress of different groups of ads.
-How to obtain the html code for your ad to embed on your website.
-How to avoid putting your competition's adds on your page.
2. To learn how to do SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Quick (Slow) SEO Guide
.Video on SEO
Of what I got to read from this guide, and what I got to watch from this video, SEO is all about making a clear-cut, easy to use website that satisfies customers. By putting in clear titles, organized links and USEFUL CONTENT the search engines will recognize this and rank you up!
Important: the usage of keywords in your title, content, link, etc.
Use back links (still have to find out what they are). That is when your website is linked in other bigger websites. I haven't understood yet how to do this.
3. I have to convince my mom of paying around 15 dollars to get me a domain, and hosting for the website.
4. I needed to find what keywords were used for my topic: How to Make and Save Money:
101 Tips for Making Money
30 Ways to make Money
10 Ways to Make Easy Money
(Using Google Keyword Tool)
Next Google day I want to create my website with hosting and a domain, and start researching and writing articles for the webpage.
No comments:
Post a Comment